Effective date: 20 Mar 2018
Information We Collect
A. Information Related to Your Interaction with Nextel and the Offerings.
Registration and Contact Information. We collect information about you when you (a) register to use the Services and (b) otherwise provide contact information to us via email, mail, or through our Offerings. This information you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
Folders / File attachments Information. We may ask you for permission to access your folders and files including images, videos, documents, etc. that you want to share with your customer over the conversation.
Payment Information. When you purchase the Services, we will also collect transaction information, which may include your credit card information, billing and mailing address, and other payment-related information (“ Payment Information”). We describe how Payment Information may be collected and processed in Section 4.
Third Party Platforms. We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
B. Customer Data.
You may submit various types of information and data into the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). Customer Data may include, without limitation, (a) personal information such as names, email addresses and phone numbers of your end user customers, potential customers and other users of and visitors to your websites, apps and other properties (“People”), which information may be input into the Services by you or collected by the Services using Nextel tags, scripts and other code implemented on such properties, and (b) information contained in communications between you and People using the messaging features of the Services.
We will only use, disclose and otherwise process Customer Data for the purposes set forth in your agreement with us for the provisioning of the Services (“Customer Agreement”). The Services use third-party services to enable you to retrieve publicly-available information about People including without limitation social media information, profile information, gender, company, job titles, photos, physical addresses, and website URLs based on People’s email addresses input into the Services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Offerings and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Offerings (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To process your payments, we share and use Payment Information as described in Section 4 (Payment Information);
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Offerings and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Offerings, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Offerings) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described in Section 6 (Your Controls and Choices);
- To deliver you advertising, including by serving and managing ads on the Offerings or on third party sites and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history. Please see Section 6 (Your Controls and Choices) for additional information on how to manage the ads you see; and
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Offerings, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters or notifications of our product/service offerings;
- We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
- We may share your Payment Information to process your payments, as further described in Section 4 (Payment Information);
- We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information such as the types of Offerings our customers and users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of Offerings which we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as personal information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason.
Other Access to or Disclosure of Your Information
Your Controls and Choices
Opt-Outs. We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Offerings to you.
Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Offerings. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
Blocking Cookies. You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your browser but the Offerings may cease to function properly if you do so.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Offerings do not respond to this type of signal.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
When you use the Offerings, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed, or if you are using the Service, sign in to your account, go to your profile, and make the desired changes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if you cease using the Service or we terminate your access to the Service in accordance with your Customer Agreement, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your information.
We may retain your information as necessary to support the Offerings, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Offerings even if you cease using the Offerings or we terminate your access to the Offerings.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you. When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information in transit using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, mobile app or use an online platform. Cookies are widely used by online service providers to facilitate and help to make the interaction between users and websites, mobile apps and online platforms faster and easier, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website and/or mobile app and/or platform owner (in this case, Nextel) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website and/or mobile app and/or platform owner are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website and/or mobile app and/or platform (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer or device both when it visits the website and/or mobile app and/or platform in question and also when it visits certain other websites and/or mobile apps and/or platforms.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites and/or App and/or platform to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and/or App and/or platform. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites and/or App and/or platform for analytics and other purposes.
We automatically collect information such as Your browser type and IP address. To offer you meaningful products and services and for the reasons set forth in this policy, We collect information about you, including Personally Identifiable Information, from the following sources:
- Information We Collect Directly from You: The type of information that we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our Site and our Services. We collect information directly from you when you complete an application or other forms on the Site and/or Software. We also collect information that you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- Information We Collect Automatically: If You use a mobile device platform to access the Services or communicate with Nextel, information transmitted from Your mobile device; or
Nextel.io may request information from you during the registration process including, but not limited to: name, email address, company name and address, phone number, payment information, and/or social media profile information and authorization. Nextel.io may request other information from you during or after the registration process that Nextel uses to provide better and more customized services to Users. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on Nextel, You may allow others, including Nextel, to identify You and to allow Nextel to use Your information in accordance with the Terms.
B. Customer Service
We collect information when You interact with Nextel.io’s customer service in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of Our terms.
C. Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Sites
D. Information Collected Automatically
We may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Nextel does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
E. Web Beacons
F. Log files, IP Addresses and information about Your computer and mobile device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when You visit the Site We automatically receive the URL of the site from which You came and the site to which You are going when You leave Nextel.io Site. Nextel also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of Your computer (or the proxy server You use to access the World Wide Web), Your computer operating system and type of web browser You are using, email patterns, Your mobile device (including Your UDID or Vendor Identification) and mobile operating system (if You are accessing the Site using a mobile device), as well as the name of Your ISP or Your mobile carrier. Nextel may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above in Section 1.D. Nextel receives information when You access third-party web pages through the Service. The link between Your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without Your permission, except as described in Section. ("When We May Disclose Your Information"), below.
Links/Postings to Other Sites
The Site and/or Software may contain links to other websites. Nextel is not responsible for the actions, practices, or content of such websites linked to or from the Site and/or Software. You understand that such websites may have their own legal documents to which you must agree to prior to using and that we have no control over these legal documents. As always, You understand that it is Your responsibility to verify Your legal use of a website as well as use of information from the website with the corresponding website owner.
When We May Disclose Your Information
We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, for the following purposes:
- We may share Personally Identifiable Information We collect, as permitted by law, with companies such as credit reporting agencies, or servicing and processing companies, or when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement to release this information such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to You or others, to protect property, or defend or assert legal rights, to defend ourselves in litigation. In the event that We are legally compelled to disclose Your Personally Identifiable information to a third party, We will attempt to notify You unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
If you request that we do not share Your personal data with a third-party, that request may result in your inability to use some or all of a Nextel service. If Your access to the Service is terminated based upon Your request that We do not share Your personal data with a third-party and that requests results in Your inability to use some or all of the Service, Your resulting inability to use the Service shall not be a basis for a refund or to avoid charges for the Service that You previously agreed to.
Security Policy & User ID/Password
Our site utilizes various information security measures such as internet firewalls, an intrusion detection system, encrypted data transmission, and operating procedures that are designed to protect Your personal data, accounts, passwords, etc. you should protect Your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. If you believe Your user ID and password have been compromised and You have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Site or within the application, please contact Our technical support department (email@example.com).